Sunday, July 3, 2016

defentions

this addiction has really brought to light how many different words that my husband and I have different definitions for.

there are so many it isn't even funny at this point. It makes every conversation into an interview. I have to verify when talking in regards to his addiction that we are on the same page and that it means the same to us both.

the most hurtful one by far is he describes these women that he is lusting after as "cute"... I try getting him to replace it with attractive or hot because those are things that don't describe me whereas I feel cute does.

so now I am left feeling hurt every time we talk. He gets angry and defensive because I tell him that cute doesn't equate to his feelings for those women... he says it does. to him they are cute.
ouch, ouch, ouch, OUCH!!

I don't know how to move past this.  My husband acts like a teenager most of the time and even his language reflects that of a younger boy... Men don't describe women as "cute" that they enjoy looking at their bodies...those women are "attractive, beautiful, pretty, hot, PHAT" whatever but not cute!!
why does this hurt me so much??

How do I move past the words and not let them hurt me anymore?

the only thing that comes to mind is that God can heal all wounds...even the ones that are getting ripped open again day after day.


No comments:

Post a Comment