Saturday, July 16, 2016

my jams

Hymns and other church music cannot be beat when it comes to lifting me up. There is always such a powerful message to be found in them.

but... on those days when I am cleaning or looking to change it up these are some of the songs I have had on repeat more than once...


I avoid music videos, so when looking up the songs look up "lyrics videos" to avoid seeing the music videos.  I'll update this list as I find new favorites :)

new favorite song!!
Thy Will- Hillary Scott & The Scott Family

for when I am angry...

Because of You- Kelly Clarkson
Should've been us- Tori Kelly
Over it- Katharine McPhee
I'm Not The Only One- Sam Smith (the PMJ cover is way better!)
So Goodbye- Chester See (definitely look up the lyrics video, his isn't the best)


when I need a pep talk or reminder or why I am fighting...

Numb- David Archuleta
Again- Jessie Clark Funk
Girl In The Mirror- Sophia Grace---- new favorite song!
Fight Song- Rachel Platten
Little do you know- Sierra and Alex
Dare- Gentri
Try- Colbie Caillat
Broken Together- Casting Crowns*
Stronger- Kelly Clarkson**
Dark Side- Kelly Clarkson

when I need a good cry because my life sucks...

Used to be mine- Sara Bareillies
Say you love me- Jessie Ware
Killing me softly with his song- Colbie Caillat
Can't take my eyes off of you- Lady Antebellum
Lost - Michael Buble
Can't take my eyes off of you- Straight No Chaser/Four Seasons
Because of You- Kelly Clarkson
Battle Scars- Guy Sebastian
Enough- Gentri

*such a good song, its the only song that I think can ever be "our song" at this point.
**basically all of her songs are REALLY good!

Anything by Jenny Phillips is really good and some other favorite churchy songs are...
Blessings - Laura Story
Grace- Laura Story
What Love Is This- Kari Jobe
Holding On To You- Jenny Phillips
When I Can't Speak- Julie Yardley(you have to buy this one or listen to it on Pandora, I haven't found a music video for it yet. but its so worth it!)
Sometimes He Lets It Rain- Katherin Nelson
Clay In His Hands- Jessie Clark
A Little More Like Thee- Mindy Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment